Some people rely on Photoshop but you can have a more natural look through shapewears. Shapewears look like someone took an iron to you and smoothed out every lump in your body. With this, shapewears became one of the must-have garments for women.
Its special place in the wardrobe is not surprising but before you go out there buying, you should know things about it. Remember that a little research can go a long way. So, here’s what you need to know about Shapermint:
There are different types of shapewear
Shapewears come in different forms like the following:
- Body briefs: as the name suggests, it is shapewear that looks like your everyday panty. Typically, body briefs are designed with medium to high compression on the side, front and back. These shapewears have the power to smoothen out your lower abdomen, which makes it look flattering.
- Camisoles: camisoles have built-in pads, underwire and shaping panel. It is usually worn together with a tank top. It typically minimises flab and lifts the bust.
- Long leg: long leg shapewears usually run down to your thighs. It can control jiggling or bulging thighs thereby providing a smoother appearance.
- Corset: corsets are designed to make your waist look sexier and smaller. It can also lift up busts. This is by far the oldest type of body shaper. In modern times, corsets are considered a lingerie item.
- Merry window: a merry window is another type of corset. It is typically strapless. It is distinct because of its center point at the bottom of the garment.
- Seamless: these are shapewears without visible seams. It is ideal since it avoids ugly outlines.
- Waist cinchers: waist cinchers are designed to control the bulges in the midsection. It features multiple adjustments as well as hook front closure that ensures a snug but comfortable fit.
You should choose based on the features of the shapewear
To help you make an informed decision, you should base it on the following features:
- Gusset closure: the gusset closure refers to the crotch closer. These are in the form of a snap front or hook and eye. You should make sure that it is durable for longer use.
- Broad shoulder straps: if you are heavy busted, you need to pick broader shoulder straps. This means better lift.
- Size: buying should entail choosing your true size. You think that if you pick a smaller size you will get a more sculpted look. In truth, you do not. You will end up getting the opposite. You should pick shapewear with extreme compression. This way, you will look sleeker with no compromise on movement or comfort.
- Price: the price will depend on the size and the material used. You have to pick according to your budget but remember to consider quality more than anything.
With the information you gathered, picking the right shapewear would not be as confusing as before. Shapewear should be a part of your party wear, office wear, and even your casual wear as it can transform your overall look and boost your self-confidence.